Tiny Yogi Love

Tiny Yogi Love

Sunday 12 July 2015

connection

Connection

Everyone wants it but so many are scared of it.
You find it and then you run away.
Fear, holding you back.
You smash into it and it knocks you off of your feet.
it's powerful, the stuff of electricity,
the stuff of eye meets eye and not looking away.
Because you see my soul and I see yours
and I'd like to dive in deeper.

Often the connection gets lost in your head
which tries to sort out, rationalize, arrange and
make sense of this strange and beautiful energy buzz,
this 'I met you yesterday but I've known you always' sort of feeling.
You knew me before, your head will tell you otherwise but
your heart is right.
Your heart knows the truth.

So for some this is when it's time to
lock up the heart, put up the gate, close the door. (Quick, slam it shut!)
Too much, too scary, too strong....
too familiar.
Safer to stay in your head, to look away,
avert your gaze...
Especially when you were just about to dive in deeper.
Careful, cautious, best to stay on the same path
so you know what's coming, no unexpected turns or bumps.

Everyone else seems to be doing okay
with their familiar path
and averted eyes
but I want more.
There's so much more than okay.
This life is too short and
I'm not everyone else.

I've unlocked my heart and my door is open
and I see you.
I see your beauty and your mess and
I feel the pain you've been holding onto for too long.
I feel scared too but I'd rather the fear than
no connection at all.
I'd rather the risk and the jump
than the safety net.

This is the stuff of real life,
the connections we make,
the risks we take and it's electric.
Electric authenticity when you hold my gaze
and take my hand
and dive in deeper.

Love from Oz.

All right reserved - Chrissy Beth. 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment