Tiny Yogi Love

Tiny Yogi Love

Tuesday 27 September 2011

I love coffee. Alot.

Okay, so one thing that people are always surprised about is how much Craig and I love coffee. Maybe it's because we teach yoga and for some reason yoga teachers aren't supposed to drink it?? I don't know, but we missed that boat I think because we drink it every day, and happily without any guilt. One thing we miss about home is the amazing coffee we could get every day. Here in India, it's not quite the same, unfortunately. But we still make do and have found a few little cafes that we like that do a pretty good cup of joe. I'm not sure when my obsession with a good flat white or iced latte started, maybe back when I was in college working at the coffee shop for extra cash at night. Or it could have been watching my mom drink whole pots of the stuff as I was growing up! Okay, maybe not a whole pot but I think it was close sometimes. She loves it too.

 Coffee is my quiet time in the morning. It's when Craig and I sit after class and talk about our teaching and yoga and life in general. It's when I visit my mom and we haven't seen each other in 6 months because I live in another country now and we sit and sit with our coffee and just enjoy the conversation.

So when people tell me I should give it up, as I've been told before, see if I can quit and drink tea instead, I just smile and nod. It's easier that way, because clearly they are from the other side. And there's no way I'm giving up my coffee time, nope nope.





I hope you enjoy your coffee time today! 








No comments:

Post a Comment