Tiny Yogi Love

Tiny Yogi Love

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Home Sweet Home

Yesterday was tough. I won't go into details but there were alot of tears. You know when you cry so much the next day you can hardly open your eyes, they're sorta stuck together? Yup, it was like that. I am not usually one to cry so much and I think it's safe to say that I am officially homesick. Yup, I am going to admit it. But not necessarily for a place, simply for my family, for our friends, for the familiar. I think this explains the tears over my lovely burger the other night and then the fountain yesterday.

We are now in our 5th month here in India and for most of this time I have been in love with this place. Yes, of course it's been hard at times and we have had some frustrations and challenges along the way...that's to be expected, but overall we've settled in quite well. We've sort of made it our temporary home and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do that before I got here. Maybe it just hits people at different times, but the last couple of weeks I have felt like I just want to be home...to hold my nephew (he's just started walking now!), to have coffee with my mom, to see all of our yoga friends back in Brisbane. To be honest, I think I felt like I was going to skip the whole homesick stuff while I was here...silly right?

But Craig was very supportive and amazing yesterday, he let me cry and cry and listened and listened. And trust me, it was alot of crying! He reminded me that we just have to support each other, that things are going to be okay and we don't have much longer to go. And my mom just sent us a care package in the mail and it's full of Halloween and fall goodies! It truly made my day, she's pretty awesome.  See?

 How can you go wrong with Red Vines?? Or Hello Kitty Halloween socks? Today was so much better. It's amazing how a new day brings so much hope. I want to enjoy the rest of my time here, it's going to go fast and then I will be sad that it's over.

I think one thing I am learning about travel...it's beautiful to explore new places, to have the chance to meet so many unique people, to live a different life...but it truly makes you appreciate your home, your family, friends, what you left behind. But this experience is also showing me that Craig is so much my home, my place to be, no matter what part of the world we may be in..he's where I hang my Home Sweet Home sign. And that's pretty cool.

Love from India.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment