Tiny Yogi Love

Tiny Yogi Love

Thursday 20 October 2011

wide open

Only a short time left...do I rejoice or cry?
On the way to the studio today, walking along the streets before
the chaos, the people, the traffic
I feel a rush of emotion and my eyes are suddenly
wet.
This place has dug deep and
buried herself inside me in ways I don't even understand.
Altered me.
Scared and angered me and then
amazed and blessed and humbled me.
As I near the end of this adventure,
dear India,
may my eyes stay wide open,
open my eyes.
May my heart stay wide open,
open my heart.

 
Love from India





















2 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful. Those last four lines, especially. I so look forward to catching up on your writing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words, Catherine. My first attempt at any kind of poetry in years...if it can be called that! :)

    ReplyDelete