Tiny Yogi Love

Tiny Yogi Love

Sunday 2 October 2011

A Burger, fries and some yoga

This weekend has been perfect, just what I needed. A weekend with a burger, fries, yoga and Craig...not necessarily in that order. And some fun on Pinterest!

 All week I've been craving a good juicy American burger and fries. Now, don't get me wrong, I love Indian food and we eat a ton of it but sometimes I just want...well, food that doesn't give me delhi belly. So last night we headed to the Hard Rock Cafe near us and indulged in a burger, fries and chocolate shake. It was the best thing ever. Ever.





Like a good yogi, I practiced my Bikram Yoga class Saturday morning and had one of the best naps that same afternoon. You know the kind where it's the perfect length, not too short or too long and you sleep really deep and wake up feeling refreshed and ready for another day? Yup, one of those. And then we proceeded to watch TV movies together. I love doing nothing with Craig. It's so nice to have that person you can just be lazy with, be tired with, just be with... And then go out and eat a big burger together.

We had our old roommate Mary over today (she lived in our yoga apt. for a month) and we all hung out, ate lunch and watched the Rugby World Cup, Ireland vs. Italy. Okay, okay, Craig and Mary watched it, I played on Pinterest. Have you tried it? It's addicting!! Mary is lovely and says things like "deadly" in her Irish accent and it actually sounds so cute. Who knew deadly could be cute? Also, she brought over bars of dark chocolate and pop so what's not to love?

Tonight I will cuddle with Craig, we will most likely order some yummy but spicy Indian food and watch the movie Whip It. If you haven't seen it yet, you should, but you may want to join a roller derby league after watching it...just a warning. I did. It doesn't matter if you can't skate, you will still want to join one.

This weekend was good because I needed to remind myself how lucky I am right now. Here, in this moment. Sure, Craig and I are in debt and can't spend much money...and maybe we are a little (okay alot!) burnt out as it's our 5th month here teaching non-stop...but overall life is pretty good. We can still enjoy a delicious burger, practice our yoga every day, get fresh juice on the side of the road, spend time with our lovely students...and most of all, we have each other. I have someone who loves me for who I am right now, not how I was before we got to India, or just when I am smiley and happy, but now. When I feel sad and homesick and cry over my delicious Hard Rock burger...he listens and doesn't judge me or get embarrassed. In that way, he loves me. And for that, I am thankful.


Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Love from India.











No comments:

Post a Comment